Clements Chevrolet opened at 3440 Clinton St., just west of Union Rd., in 1952. The following year, they also opened a lot at 1777 Union Rd. In 1959, Clements merged with Gillogly Chevolet, then at Broadway and Fillmore in Buffalo, to form Clements-Gillogly Chevy. Harvey Clements died in 1960, and Oliver Hamister and Fred Gillogly became partners in a renamed Hamister-Gillogly Chevy in 1969. In 2015, plans were unveiled to turn the vacant car dealer site into storage units.
Steve Cichon/Buffalo Stories